Iara Mandyn is an award-winning model and performer who specializes in underwater work. She started dancing at age four and later became an aquatic model to combine her love of art, water, and performing. Her performances and videos have been shown world-wide, including pieces in Montreal’s Cité Mémoire
, the Berlin Festival of Lights
, Italy’s Opera Stage, and Migration’s dance video tour in Wales.
Iara is a certified freediving instructor, scuba diver, and a former lifeguard. She also spent three years working for the San Francisco Bay area’s only dedicated underwater shooting studio as head promotional model, choreographer, and underwater talent coach. Her experience behind the camera and many years of working on film and photography sets gives her an intimate knowledge of the technical aspects of creating good images. This background makes her uniquely qualified for the challenges of working underwater.
Iara owns multiple realistic mermaid tails and travels the world doing underwater photo shoots and performances, as well as training talent for film and photography. She teaches freediving and mermaid classes at Bamboo Reef Scuba Diving Centers
For inquiries or to make a booking please message Iara here.
Iara is based in the San Francisco Bay area and can to travel worldwide to location upon request. She has a current passport and dive insurance.
- Land and aquatic: print, runway, film, TV, stunt, performance, and events
Skills and Training:
- PFI Freediving Instructor
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- SSI Stress and Rescue Diver and Nitrox
- DAN Basic Life Support CPR and First Aid
- DAN Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries
- CDBW Boating Education
- Personal Best Depth: 33m/109ft
- PB Static Breath Hold: 5:37
- Scuba diving: cold and warm water
- Buddy breathing at depth
- Swimming: freestyle, breast, back stroke, dolphin kick
- Water sports: kayaking, canoeing, rowing, snorkeling
- Underwater makeup
- 14+ years of dance training: ballet, modern, ballroom, and jazz